2012年1月17日火曜日

House of Minnesota

 I could experience a lot of important things in Minnesota, and I can’t forget it in my life. I was surprised at my host family because they were so kind for me. I’m not their really family, but they touched me as family. I was so glad, and I wanted to tell my gratitude in English. I wanted to talk with them more, so I feel I must learn English and their culture. I will talk about a part of the culture, and it is noticed things for me in Minnesota’s life. It is interesting for me that structure of house in Minnesota and Japanese one is quite different. It has a lot of amazing things. Also, I was considered about some problem by the structure, and it has good points and bad points in each countries. I could find it that it is according to an environmental, a disaster, season, culture, and so on.
     First of all, Minnesota’s houses have underground, and there are to defend from cyclone. The cyclone has strong power which can blow off caw, bus and so on, so it is very dangerous. What is more, the underground can have rooms and can store foods. If you can’t buy foods or time of disaster, you will avoid it and have some foods. Also, some underground have air conditioner which turns on the air cleared to main floor. The South American usually don’t have underground because the place is a warm climate. However the North American have to let warm their house, and the underground is very necessary thing because it can let become a warm all rooms at one time. Accordingly, Minnesota’s house hardly have second floor. In Japan, we usually have seconds floor, and we don’t have underground because our country hardly happens cyclone. Therefore we have air conditioner at each room. However I think that Japan often have earthquake, so we may be at a loss what to nothing stored foods then. Houses of Minnesota have prepared some disaster at structure of house, so we have to give problem of earthquake more careful consideration in Japan.
     Next, the houses have large yard. I saw children who jump on a trampoline in there. The trampoline is also big, but the yard has an enough area. My host family’s house has back yard, and it has big trampoline, a swing, some trees, some chair, grasses, and a gate. Children always play some stuff after the dinner or lunch. Also, almost people come in by door of back yard’s entrance. A visitor usually comes in by front of door. I think that this is very different point from Japanese one because almost Japanese houses have just one entrance. Therefore, I was surprised it. What is more, almost people’s house has large back yard, so we can enjoy cooking over a barbecue in the back yard. In Japan, we would not be able to do it in there because we hardly have back yard, and we don’t have to forget to smoke. Japanese ground is so narrow, so if you enjoy barbecue in your yard, the smoke go to house of neighborhood. Also, In Minnesota, they usually don’t dry clothes in the sun because they think it has to be shy to dry in yard for American. They usually use a washing machine to dry. Therefore, they don’t have to be care for stick the smell to clothes. They seem that they enjoy barbecue in the yard at once a month. I think it is very good time. By the way, some houses have a water pool or a sprinkler system, and they can also have these because of large yard. About a entrance, almost it has stairs because Minnesota’s winter is so cold, so it seems that it is not unusual in this district for a meter of snow to accumulate on the ground. I heard that they have to take away the snow every day in the winter. It is terrible thing. Also, their house’s wall is written house number, and it is easy for everyone to understand the address. Minnesota’s yard is large, so it also has a big garage and a storehouse which can store foods or big stuff. 
Last, I talk about indoors. First of all, I think you know the thing which a bath and toilet is same room. This is famous thing, but actually I was surprised it once more. However, the room is invented to not leak water of bath to floor and toilet. They don’t have custom which is to pool hot water to a bathtub. They usually take a bath how to just a shower, so the bus tub is to not leak a hot water. They have custom that they usually remove some stress by sleeping at night. Also, almost people take a shower in the morning. Next, I think you know too the act that they don’t take off a shoes in the room, but this is not everyone. Actually, my host family takes off shoes on the mat in the entrance. However when children and a visitor come in house, they don’t take off a shoes sometimes. I think it is not important for them to not take off it. And some houses have a fire place in house because Minnesota has so cold winter. The fireplace was beautiful and an antique, so I wanted to see it in the winter.
We may not be able to easily accept these customs and different points from Japan at the first time. However I think it is important for us to understand the culture of country. I knew structure of house that both Japan and Minnesota’s house is made according to each culture and custom. And it is also to avoid not good environments. The environments, culture and custom is, off Couse, different from Japan, but my host family accepted me. I think this is not easy. I feel my gratitude to them again by this writing. I had a so great time in Minnesota.     

                                                      1016 words


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿